6D Limited Warranty
ATR-1 MOTO (3 Year)
ATS-1 STREET (3 Year)
ATB-1 BICYCLE (3 Year)
ATR-1Y YOUTH (3 Year)
ATB-1T TRAIL (1 Year)
We at 6D believe in the quality of our products and the care that goes into their manufacture. Our warranty program applies to every helmet we sell, in every market, and protects owners against defects during the projected life expectancy of the product (5 years from the date of purchase). The warranty does not cover matters beyond our control such as normal wear and tear, roost damage to the paint or helmet shell from rocks impacting the helmet or damage incurred through accident or abuse. The warranty also excludes paint fading due to sun exposure or general exposure to strong chemicals, vapors, such as race gas, cleaning solvents and others. The warranty explicitly excludes paint fading for all florescent paint schemes due to the low tolerance of all known florescent paints and inks to sun exposure, and you should take care to reduce the amount of sun exposure when the helmet is not in use.
When To Replace a Helmet
The expected lifespan of a 6D helmet is 5 years of seasonal use, and decreases accordingly as the frequency of use increases. As you would expect, helmets used for competition such as motocross tend to have a much shorter life span. The more exposure a helmet endures to the elements, body oils, and perspiration, the faster it will wear out. In most cases the helmet’s inner EPS liner will be the first component to show signs of wear and, as such, functions as a good indicator that a helmet should be replaced.
We at 6D recommend that any helmet suffering a significant impact to the shell be removed from use immediately, whether there is visible physical damage or not. A helmet is designed to deform in an accident in order to absorb the energy of the impact, and should never be reused afterwards for its ability to protect the rider further could be compromised.
6D Worldwide Limited Warranty
6D Helmets warrants to the original retail purchaser (“you”) that the 6D product for which you received this warranty is free from defects in material and workmanship for three years from the date of original retail purchase.
This warranty is not transferable to a subsequent purchaser. 6D’s sole obligation under this warranty is to either, at its discretion: (1) repair the claimed defect at no charge, (2) exchange the product with a product that is new or which is at least functionally equivalent to the original product, or (3) a credit amount, determined by 6D towards the purchase of a new product. 6D must be notified in writing of any claim under this warranty within 30 days of any claimed lack of conformity of the product.
The duration of any implied warranty or condition on this product shall be limited to the duration of the expressed warranty set forth above. In no event shall 6D be liable for any loss, inconvenience or damage, whether direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise, resulting from breach of any expressed or implied warranty or condition, or otherwise with respect to this product, except as set forth herein. Some states or countries do not allow limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts and some do not allow exclusions or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which may vary, from location to location. The original English language version/meaning of this warranty controls over all translations and 6D is not responsible for any errors in translation of this warranty or any product instructions.
No company or person (including employees or agents of 6D) are authorized to modify, enlarge or extend this warranty in any way or to make any other warranties, expressed or implied on behalf of 6D. This warranty is not intended to confer any additional legal, jurisdictional or warranty rights to you other that those set forth herein or required by law. If any portion of this warranty is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, such finding will not invalidate any other provision.
If your product packaging has a written warranty policy included that differs from the warranty policy posted at www.6Dhelmets.co.uk/warranty, the warranty policy on our website is considered most current and will be controlling as of the time your warranty claim is made.
To Obtain Warranty Service
Consumer claims for warranty service must be made through the retail location where the product was purchased. Retailers must contact 6D to obtain an RA (return authorization) number, send the 6D product along with a copy of the purchase receipt, or other satisfactory dated proof of purchase of the product to 6D. Any postage, insurance, or shipping costs incurred in sending your product for service are the customer’s responsibility. 6D will not be responsible for products lost or damaged in shipping. Please ensure your helmet is washed and clean before you send it in for our inspection. Charges may be assessed if cleaning is necessary.
Once received by 6D the product will be inspected to determine if it is covered by the 6D warranty. Only 6D may determine if a product is warrantable. If the product is not covered under warranty, all replacement, repair, and shipping costs are responsibility of the customer. By sending your product in for evaluation you agree that 6D cannot return unrepairable unwarranted products to you (without a signed release) if they are unsafe to use in their unrepaired/unrepairable condition. 6D will make the final decision on whether or not shipping charges will be charged for the shipping of the replacement product.
At no time may any retailer or distributor make representations of what is covered or not covered under this warranty without express written permission from 6D. Should a retailer or distributor replace product before consulting 6D, it is at the sole discretion of the retailer or distributor and they may not be reimbursed by 6D. When a product or part is exchanged, any replacement item becomes property of the customer and the returned product becomes the property of 6D, which may destroy it.
QWhat safety certifications does the 6D ATS-1 helmet meet?
30 day Return Policy
Our Return policy is not to be confused with our warranty policy. Returns are only allowed in the first 30 days after purchase. Products must be in “new” condition and all original packaging must be intact. We can only offer a return for product purchased directly from our ecommerce site at www.6Dhelmets.co.uk. We CANNOT provide returns from purchases made at any other website or location. Our Return policy does not govern the return policy of other resellers or retailers of our product. Returns will be processed in the same manner as warranty returns. The purchase price will be refunded via credit on the card credit originally used to purchase the product. Please allow 10 days for a returns evaluation to take place after the date of your return shipment. If your return is rejected we will return ship the product to you and you will not be credited. All shipping costs to us and for product that does not qualify for a return is your responsibility.
- Products that have been modified, neglected or poorly maintained, used for commercial purposes, misused or abused or involved in accidents. It is your responsibility to regularly examine the product to determine the need for normal service or replacement.
- Damage occurring during shipment of the products (such claims must be presented directly to the shipper).
- Products whose serial number or other identifying marks or labels have been altered, defaced, or removed.
- Products whose original product decals or surface finish/paint have been removed or modified, including damage to the paint from the application and/or removal of stickers on the helmet shell.
- Fading of all florescent paints and graphic inks due to sun exposure. The warranty explicitly excludes fading for all florescent paint schemes due to the low tolerance to sun exposure of all known florescent paints and inks, and you should take care to reduce the amount of sun exposure when the helmet is not in use.
- Fading or discoloration of the paint and the helmet shell soft rubber-like trims due to sun exposure or general exposure to strong chemicals or chemical vapors, such as race gas, cleaning solvents and others.
- Products that are purchased used, or in not-new condition without original packaging.
- Damage to products resulting from the use or installation of parts or accessories not compatible with the original intended use of the product, or the failure to follow the product warnings and usage instructions.
- Products purchased at non 6D authorized retailers.
- Products purchased through unauthorized distribution channels (i.e. EBay or via an unauthorized internet seller or private party) or products originally intended to be sold in a country other than the one you purchased them in or from (i.e. grey market goods)
- Damage or deterioration to the surface finish, paint, aesthetics or appearance of the product.
- Any costs associated with returning or shipping warranted or non-warranted products.
- Normal wear to the product. Components may have symptoms of wear in less than their warranted time frame depending on amount of use, type of use and other conditions. This includes products that have reached the end of their normal life expectancy before the warranted time frame expires.
- Commercial claims made by any merchant, retailer, commercial seller or reseller (not on behalf of an individual consumer).
- Any products for which the consumer does not follow the warranty procedures outlined above.